Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Beyonce, you know I love you but...um...


Of course I bought the Beyonce album yesterday. And I have been trying to figure out how I feel about it ever since. I am a fan. I mean it. I think she is an awesome performer and find her existence quite inspirational.



Because:
1. If she can be fly with big hips and butt, then so can I
2. If she can work hard to get what she wants out of life, I can too.
3. Her songs are empowering and fun -
Irreplaceable:
Don't you ever for a second get to thinking, you're irreplaceable,
Single Ladies:
Now you wanna trip cause another brother noticed me. If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it.

But this Sasha Fierce has me a bit flummoxed. I completely bought into the idea of having an alter ego and was excited about the double disc. I was, however, less than pleased to learn there are only 11 tracks on the album. To me the word double implies, well, that you're gonna get twice as much! Then media outlets keep reminding us that she acutally recorded about 70 songs, and had to prune them down for this album. Why? It's got two whole discs in the case, sprinkle some more of those songs on there!

Of course she will, just now right now. Give it a few months and there will be a repackaged, limited, extended, "special" edition with more songs (and a DVD) on the shelves. I understand, Beyonce. You have to do what you have to do, but you and Sasha won't get my money again I don't care how many bonus tracks you put on the next version. Wasting all those resources to put one album on two separate discs....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no girl. i am scared now. youre the second fan to tell me the ish is suspect.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i agree lol. welcome to the blogoverse. well said. Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me